Localization by Expert Game Translators
Words are what keep civilization, our world, alive. Ocelot, Metal Gear Solid V
On average, our team members have 12 years of game localization XP.
Meet the experts who will deliver flawless translations of your games — hover over a portrait to learn more about a translator's XP!
12+ years XP in the video games industry
Worked as a Web content editor, Localization QA tester, Localization QA Lead, Recruiter, Art Director.
French translator since 2011. Gamer since 1991 and Sonic The Hedgehog.
• Self-Regeneration — Can work 12 hours in a row running on tea only
• Horsemanship. Horse-riding games, where are you?
10+ years XP
Worked as a French LQA tester in the gaming industry before taking the plunge as a freelancer specialised in game localization. A soft spot for Zelda since her first console, the Game Boy, and (permanently) borrowing Link's Awakening from a friend.
• Certified vet nurse and dog trainer
• Insatiable appetite for new skills and XP
15+ years XP
Italian translator and QA professional based in the US. Game lover since the Amiga 500.
• Comprehensive oversight capabilities and deadline-conscious
• Home-made pizza
10+ years XP
Passion for games since he got his first Game Boy. Loves to immerse himself into virtual worlds and most particularly into turn-based strategy, city builders, sports and RPGs.
• Gamatarian: feeds exclusively on coins, stars, mushrooms and flowers
• Provides lag-free quality for every translation quest
17+ years XP
Works from German and English. MMORPGs and free-to-play games expert. Keen gamer since the prehistoric times of the Spectrum and Donkey Kong. Loves to spend idle hours with RPGs, point & click adventures, puzzle, social and casual games.
• Solid copywriting skills thanks to a background in journalism
• Passion for cooking and food (and translating about it)
10+ years XP
Long time gamer since Atari's golden years. Contributed to countless game localization projects, from mobile games to MMORPG, in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
• Familiar with (and owns) most gaming platforms, but also a board game fan and DnD lover
• Superheroes and fantasy/sci-fi
7+ years XP
His game localization trophy room features titles such as Assassin’s Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings, as well as dozens of indie games.
• Ancient Russian magic that turns N's into И's and R's into Я's.
• Esperanto: Mi ĝojas renkonti vin, havu bonan tagon!
8+ years XP
Plays and loves localizing RPGs, puzzle, sport and strategy games. Avid sci-fi and adventure books reader.
• Master of intertextuality: can spot even the obscurest of references
• Shapeshifter: able to go from survival games to beat 'em ups to simulations to RPGs without taking damage.
8+ years XP
Worked as a linguistic video game tester followed by a role as a lead translator for a major translation company. Freelance translator/editor/QA tester specialized in video games ever since, delivering perfection down to the last detail. Gaming since the 90s (Prince of Persia, anyone?).
• Football games, (fantasy/sci-fi) RPGs, RTSs
• Avid saxophone player
6+ years XP
Grew up in a unique environment full of video games, Japanese comic books and animation.
Loves transcreating and playful localization. A major fan of Nintendo games.
• Anime and manga professor
• Illustration and graphic design
16+ years XP
Worked at a huge, busy localization firm as project manager for years. Now enjoying the freelancer life, focusing on translation, proofreading, testing and localization QA.
• Korean (this is the part where his fellow gamers hold their hands up and go "say no more")
• A bottomless pit of movie references
10+ years XP
Her quest log is filled with adventures in the gaming industry, where she played as a LQA tester and QA lead before taking on the ultimate quest as a translator.
• Night Owl — Becomes twice as productive when the sun goes down
• Dancing Fingers — Can work for hours without looking at the keyboard
One-of-a-kind Game Localization Team
Our close-knit organization, common professional experiences across the world and kinship of spirit make Level Up Translation a one-of-a-kind team of professional game translators.
Not every game localization company can rely on game translators that actually know each other personally and have been hardcore gamers and in the games industry for years.
Having been collectively involved in numerous AAA and indie games and counting many years of experience as translators, localization testers, project managers and localization team leaders in the games industry (or even as indie game developers!), we have acquired an acute understanding of the game localization process and perfected our work methodology.
We know that we can rely on each other's game translation skills, but we also share the highest quality standards and passion for video games since our childhood.
Years of Gaming and Localization XP