Expert Game Translators
Localization by Expert Game Translators
Words are what keep civilization, our world, alive. Ocelot, Metal Gear Solid V
Score: 2,000,000+ words
8+ years experience in video games industry: Web content editor, Localization QA tester, Localization QA Team Leader, Recruiter, Art Director, Garage Dev & French translator since 2011! Gamer since 1991.
- Keen rider, can translate your horse-riding game (yes!)
- Self-regeneration, can work 12 hours in a row, running on tea only
Score: 4,200,000+ words
+13 years experience. Works from German and English. MMORPGs and free-to-play games expert. Keen gamer since the prehistoric times of the Spectrum, loves to spend idle hours with RPGs, point & click adventures, puzzle, social and casual games.
- Her background in journalism gives her very solid copywriting skills.
- Passion for cooking and food (and translating about it).
Score: 6,200,000+ words
+7 years localization XP (in-house translator/team leader/freelancer). Passion for games since he got his first Game Boy. Loves to immerse himself into virtual worlds and most particularly into turn-based strategy, city builders, sports and RPGs games.
- Gamatarian: feeds exclusively on coins, stars, mushrooms and flowers
- Provides lag-free quality for every translation quest
Score: 800,000+ words
9+ years experience as a freelance translator. Specialized in video games localization. Works from English, Spanish and French to Greek! Loves pink characters. Got into RPG/fantasy video games with the family's first desktop computer in the late 90s.
- If video game localization is all Greek to you, Danai will be more than happy to help out!
- Pikachu manicure for typing at lightning speed
Score: 1,200,000+ words
20 years of gaming under his belt and counting.
His game localization trophy room is made of titles such as Assassin’s Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings & more.
Score: 7,000,000+ words
20+ years experience within the industry and around it. Polish translator since 1999. Video games journalist, linguistic tester, game designer (“Chłopaki nie płaczą”), Scriptwriter (“LZ-129 Hindenburg Disaster”). Fan of mid-90s adventure games and the “Witcher” series.
- 1st party terminology and compliance specialist
- Go-to choice for your Lovecraftian game filled with eldritch horrors described with unspeakable adjectives
XP: 10+ years in game localization
Long time gamer since Atari's golden years. Contributed to countless game localization projects, from mobile games to MMORPG, in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
- Familiar with (and owns) most gaming platforms, but also a board game fan and DnD lover.
- Superheroes and fantasy/sci-fi
Score: 1,500,000+ words
6+ years of experience in the video game localization industry. Plays and works on RPGs, puzzle, sport and strategy games. Loves sci-fi and adventure books.
- Master of Intertextuality: can spot even the obscurest of references.
- Shapeshifter: able to go from survival games to beat 'em ups to simulations to RPGs without taking damage.
Score: 1,100,000+ words
14+ years experience as a translator. Translates from Spanish & English to Brazilian Portuguese. Loc & QA tester for the past 3 years. Gamer since the first Atari was launched. Deep in her heart she still thinks Alex Kidd was the coolest game ever.
- Magical unicorn to travel through different worlds
- Master of nuances and their effects on translation
Score: too many 0 for char. limit
+13 years experience in localization industry under his belt since starting out translating comic books. Worked at a huge, busy localization firm as project manager for years, now focusing on translation, proofreading, testing and QA.
- Korean (this is the part where his fellow gamers hold their hands up and go "say no more").
- A bottomless pit of movie references
Score: 2,100,000+ words
9+ years of experience as a game translator and proofreader. Translates from English to Swedish, and has experience as a localization QA tester. A gamer since childhood, and fond of saving the universe from evil aliens on his spare time.
- Meticulous care about the smallest grammatical technicalities
- Rock ’n’ roll
Score: 3,150,000+ words
11+ years experience in translation and localization. Specialized in video game localization. Translator since 2005, gamer since early 90s. Favorite genres: point & click adventures, life and city building simulations.
- 4 source languages - English, German, Spanish, Swedish
- Quick mind, fast fingers - your game will be Finnished before you know it!
One-of-a-kind Game Localization Team
Our close-knit organization, common professional experiences across the world and kinship of spirit make Level Up Translation a one-of-a-kind team of professional game translators.
Not every game localization company can rely on game translators that actually know each other personally and have been hardcore gamers and in the games industry for years.
Having been collectively involved in numerous AAA and indie games and counting years of experience as translators, localization testers, project managers and localization team leaders in the games industry (or even as indie game developers), we have acquired an acute understanding of the game localization process and perfected our work methodology.
We know that we can rely on each other's game translation skills, but we also share the highest quality standards and passion for video games since our childhood.
Video games have made us the translators we are today. We owe them so many memorable moments and life experiences that it is our duty to us to give them our best through our localization work.
Years of gaming and localization XP at your service
Get to know the specialists and unsung heroes that will work their localization magic to deliver flawless translations of your games and help you reach the hearts of millions of gamers worldwide!
We love video games
We believe games make the world a better place for many people.
To us, video games are the ultimate form of art as they involve picturing and building fantastic or realistic worlds, composing original and moving music, writing compelling stories and can even be poetic.
It is the only medium that puts people at the centre of it and gives them enough power to interact with it and make it their own.
We believe in the magic of their words.
We help your games provide great fun and powerful emotions to gamers
all over the world through expert and loving game localization.